Once you get this message, you must list five random facts about yourself and then pass it on to ten of your favourite followers :)
1. My mom’s first choice of names for me was Aisling and my dad’s was Aud, but boths name were vetoed on the basis of being too likely to be mispronounced. The other top contenders were McKenna, which is my middle name, and Hailey. Hailey. I feel like I would be more or less the same with any of those other names, but I can’t even conceive of a version of myself named Hailey.
2. I was born with (well, acquired via birth) two small hematomas that apparently looked exactly like lil baby devil horns. My parents called me Rosemary’s Baby. Sadly, there is no photographic evidence because they also had me wearing hats pretty much constantly so no one would know they had a weird demon baby.
3. I have no feeling in half of my left pinky, which I used to demonstrate by encouraging other children to bite it as hard as they could.
4. In fifth grade I was Lucy Pevensie for Halloween, a costume which consisted of: a silvery shirt/”chainmail,” a plastic cuirass, a plastic crown, a toy sword (they didn’t have toy daggers), and a really pretty, little, old perfume bottle that I attached to a necklace chain. I was very upset when people kept asking if I was a king because I was so proud of my costume and helloooooo, do you not see the cordial???
5. I love the smell of saltwater and algae.